Renewing Adam's Call
October 08, 2017
God created man to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth with the Glory of God, but what happens when Adam fails--when the keepers of the vineyard forget their calling and kill the Master's Son?
- Bad Renters (Matthew 21:33)
- Who forget that they aren't the entire Masters.
- Who forget that the long teather of the Landlord isn't weakness.
- Who forget their calling
- Broken hedges (Psalm 80 and Isaiah 5:1-7)
- They've lost their protection because they lost their vocation.
- Israel's Call was Eden's Call--To be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.
- God came seeking justice and found bloodshed: "God is their belly, glory in their shame, mind earthly things."
- The Garden of God—A New lease--renewed in the Great Commission. Paul's great passion is the Upward call that has been renewed in Christ who is now subjecting all things unto himself. (Philippians 3:14.) Paul gives three ways we live out our new lease:
- Imitation of other Disciples (Philippians 3:17).
- Dominion: (Philippians 3:21) To fill all things: till the Earth shall full of the knowledge of the Glory of God. Heavenly citizenship, the subjection of all things to Christ. Every work of art is a little Eden—is a picture of the Kingdom of God. Deeds of kindness. Virtue. Journal of Thanks. Dominion is Gospel—To be fruitful and multiply and fulfil the earth.
- Seeking God: (Philippians 3:20) Show the Light of thy Countenance and we shall be saved.